3.02.2005

Comments on Comments

As pointed out by Rob Cottingham, re: Monday's edition, Jagrup Brar is also seeking re-election in Surrey-Panorama Ridge. Sure, he's only been around since the byelection last fall, but how could I miss the guy? He played for India's Olympic basketball team! At the Lunar New Year Parade he towered over every other elected official strolling down Pender. If he makes it into the cabinet, the first question for him in Question Period will be about the weather up there...but seriously, I missed a guy who handed Mary Polak and Gordon Campbell their collective ass, and is primed to do it again in six weeks.

I didn't watch the Oscars, so I didn't see the British Columbia Teachers Federation TV spot until yesterday. While I was getting a chuckle, Homeless-Bashing Fag Uncle Tom (and Burrard MLA) Lorne Mayencourt stood up in the House and accused the teacher's union of exploiting children. Funny Lorne, but I'm at the BCTF office all the time these days, and I don't see any 12 years old working there like YOUR government is encouraging.

No comments: