12.22.2005

The Cats made me do it

This page and Walnut Boat went to dinner last night with one Cindy Wong, a local ceramic artist, cat lover, and good friend to this page. Between the churros and the tostadas, Cindy showed us her collection of hand-made feeding bowls, for which 100% of the proceeds go to support Calgary's Meow Foundation, which supports the less fortunate among the local feline community.

Those of you who are regular visitors to this page are aware of my influences. The influence you're probably not aware of is my 16-year old Siamese/Tabby cross whose affection and sense of humour helps to keep this page posting on days when he just doesn't feel like it. If there's someone like that in your life, and even if you're one of my readers in BC, WA, OR, or CA, I encourage you to check out Cindy's work, near the bottom of this page. I'm sure something regarding shipping can be worked out.

FYI, contrary to the sold out notice, Cindy has made more bowls, a few which didn't make it out of El Sombrero after being looked over by servers eager to buy.

No comments: