6.22.2006

So long delegates!

It appears that the World Urban Forum is subject to the same fascism masquerading as security we saw at the WTO, the G8, and any other 'global' gathering where dissenting opinions are equated to terrorism. Incidents like these give this page the impression that this is more of United States - influenced event than a United Nations - sponsored one.

This page was planning to take in some of the events at the Forum's urban festival, but I am now unloading a hearty "up yours" to the whole affair. If the U.N. is bringing this kind of fascism to Vancouver, just imagine what our friends at the International Olympic Committee have in store for us come February 2010.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As long as Harper is in office we will get closer to being like the United States.

This security is totally over blown.

As for the Olympics the security budget from what I heard is grossly inadequate but I can see anyone going to an event will be treated like a terrorist, which is too bad.

I am going to get the hell out of town during that waste of money event.

nkess said...

I would like to suggest going to the World Peace Forum instead this weekend. I just noticed this event and it includes free music at Lost Lagoon. Check it out http://www.worldpeaceforum.ca/themes/peace-cafe I believe this would be more friendly...