12.16.2008

Didn't get any of these either.

The Best of 604 Online Awards were handed out last week to local bloggers. This page gets mentioned peripherally around these kind of events, probably due to the fact that I'm on The Tyee's blogroll and I've made a habit of getting in the face of editorial boards. As far as I know, I didn't win anything, I wasn't nominated for anything, and that's fine.

The term 'nominated' is analogous to the term 'named', meaning that if I was ever considered for an award, I'd have to give my other name (the one I write cheques with) to the organizers, show up at the awards show, etc. Won't happen - I'm not a Miss604 or Vancouver Manifesto who wants to be a celebrity or the hub of a social network. Why do some bloggers think there's a 'community' of bloggers? There are some bloggers who I met personally I would probably punch in the face, and I'm sure they wouldn't mind taking a shot at this page either if we we were in the same room. I don't care how many hits I get as long as readers get some kind of reaction. I post because I'm reacting to something, and it's better than kicking over newspaper boxes or getting pizzas delivered to the offices of MPs, MLAs, or City Councillors who just pissed me off.

Congratulations to the winners, and excuse this page if I keep doing what I've been doing, because that's what I feel like doing. At this point I will be signing off for a seasonal hiatus and will return December 31 for some kind of year in review thing. Happy Holidays.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

For what it's worth, you're one of my favourite bloggers. No trophy though, sorry...

RossK said...

What Anon-Above said....

.